Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shabbos in Jerusalem Conclusion: Gotta get down to get up!

Whoever said, "you gotta get up to get down" must have been standing on their head.

My experience in Jerusalem have served to be a explosive source of clarity and inspiration. I don't even know where to begin.

I want to be a light. That's what it comes down to. I entered a cave, a pit, a dungeon - darkness became all too real. Yes, I rested in it for a bit. It was important in ways. But it can't stop there, and it won't. Not if I can do something about it, and I can.

Visiting with the office of my seminary from last year was interesting. One of the teachers, who I have no connection with really, heard me talking about Machon Alte and jumped in to say, "just don't become a meshichist on us." Ew, yes. But, all I did was look at her and smile. She did look a little squirmish from my smile, I must say.

Chatting with a friend over Shabbos and her husband asks me if I'll be dating this year. I responded, "no, not in Israel" - meaning, I'm learning. My friend comments, "why? Because the Lubavitchers are crazy here?" I just smiled and said, "actually, I really don't think they're crazy." After that, she had nothing more to say or ask, and in many ways, more was revealed than if the matter was actually pursued.

I'm finding a calm place within me to deal with these little encounters. I'm learning that light can only come from this place - where's its more serene and clear and good.

At the same time, I've been floating on an intense cloud of thoughts these past few days, trying to jump into action, or even just real preparation for action. I can't come up with anything new, though. The Rebbe gave us clear instructions.

I'm excited. I feel the earth rumbling beneath my feet. Articulation? The details of what I'm getting at? I'm failing. It's really just a bursting in my stomach. I couldn't sleep last night because of it.

Chassidus, people! Aaaahh! I plan on posting some of the tidbits of life and learning I've absorbed since Shabbos. Stay tuned.


This world is insanely beautiful. There, that's about 1% of what I'd really like to get out. Aaaah! :)

As happy as I am to be back up in Tzfas, I'm truly happy I got down in Jerusalem.

9 comments:

jakeyology said...

for me, last shabbos was going up (to tzfat) in order to come down (to yerusholayim).

i guess you reall cannot have the rotzoi without the shuv, nor the shuv without the rotzoi (without the shuv... on and on we go...)

great post.

jakeyology said...

for me, last shabbos was going up (to tzfat) in order to come down (to yerusholayim).

i guess you reall cannot have the rotzoi without the shuv, nor the shuv without the rotzoi (without the shuv... on and on we go...)

great post.

jakeyology said...

for me, last shabbos was going up (to tzfat) in order to come down (to yerusholayim).

i guess you reall cannot have the rotzoi without the shuv, nor the shuv without the rotzoi (without the shuv... on and on we go...)

great post.

jakeyology said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jakeyology said...

sorry. i'm not sure what just happened.

(must have been too much rotzoi)

Esther said...

yeridah litzoraich aliya. keep passing on the inspiration!

Mimi said...

Jakeyology and Wandering: Right on. Major thanks. Stick around!

Mimi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mimi said...

J-Turtle:

I heard that when Moshiach comes, everyone is going to find their soulmate instantly and there's going to be tons of weddings all over Israel. So yes - next year in Jerusalem!