Thursday, November 09, 2006

Conversation #5: Blog about that

We’re walking down Kingston.

We’re about to walk through a small crowd of young men.

She says, “I don’t get how they all recognize each other, they all look the same.”

I say, “No. You see, that’s the beauty of it. So many people can conform to such strict guidelines and do the same thing, and yet their real uniqueness is all the more apparent. The way they walk, the way they talk...”

She interrupts me and says, “Yea, why don’t you blog about that?”

And the conversation is over.

I smile inside, and wonder where the conversation might have gone had I not started a “Conversation” posts to my blog.

-------

I know this conversation goes on everywhere. I myself have heard it a few times since moving to Crown Heights.

The question implies that the way people “recognize” each other is by their outside appearance. This is almost insulting, being that every human has a vast array of distinctiveness that singles them out and makes them recognizable.

The question is so ridiculous, it doesn’t really deserve to be entertained.

So I guess that’s why the conversation ended so quickly.

And there ya go - I blogged about it.

3 comments:

Nemo said...

When my friends want to blow me off they just go, "blog it!"

temmi said...

mimi
i love it
and yea i finally saw the matisyahu clip
and i really loved that
i know u told me that you were worried about ur blog with the current state of wireless in ur life
but i think you are doing alright

Pimplesoflife said...

mimi .... have funnnn on the teens in morristown... have me in mind i wish i was there... missing u tons... send my best to everyone